Updated: 28 January 2021
Warning over COVID Vaccination Scams
Be on your guard against fraudulent text and email messages as new scams are being sent to patients
People are receiving a text or email notification of their ‘vaccination appointment’ and are being asked to confirm it by clicking on a link.
This looks very similar to the genuine texts being sent to patients to arrange their appointments at the GP led vaccination services.
Please follow the advice below:
- The COVID-19 vaccination is ONLY available from the NHS and it is FREE – you will never be asked to pay for it or give your bank details.
- If you receive a call you believe to be fraudulent, hang up.
- If you receive a text or email that you believe to be fraudulent please delete it. Please be assured that if you don’t respond because you are worried and it is a genuine text or email, you will remain on the vaccination list and be contacted again
- If you believe you have been the victim of fraud or identity theft you should report this directly to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040. Where the victim is vulnerable, report it to Sussex Police online or by calling 101.
Guidance on official NHS texts:
- An official NHS text message from our COVID-19 Booking Team will include the name of the Practice you are registered at. Scam text messages and emails usually don’t include his information.
- An official NHS text message from the national booking system will be a reminder text so will include details of your booked appointment include date, time and location.
If you have any further concerns about something you have received please contact the Sussex COVID-19 vaccination programme team on firstname.lastname@example.org
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.