COVID-19 VACCINE AND CERTIFICATE INFORMATION
Updated: 16 June 2021
The COVID vaccination programme delivered by Westcourt Medical Centre, The Park Surgery and Willow Green Surgery has seen over 20,000 people vaccinated in January through to the end of April.
Thank you to all our patients for attending when offered an appointment and for making the programme such a success so far.
We have completed the vaccinations for our patients in cohorts 1-9 and therefore will not be offering any further vaccinations. Please call 119 to book your vaccination if you are yet to receive one, or both doses.
Patients waiting for second doses who received their first doses from another provider or organisation should wait to be invited by the same provider or organisation.
Patients in cohort 10 and above will be contacted by NHS England when eligible and invited to attend a mass vaccination site or other provider. We encourage you to book and attend. If you have any queries, please ring 119 in the first instance as the practice is unable to assist with external bookings.
VACCINATION STATUS REQUESTS
We are unable to provide patients with a certificate of COVID vaccinations, a vaccination passport or a letter proving vaccination. You can request a 'Vaccination Status Letter' via the NHS website here, or by calling 119. It can take up to five working days from the date of your second dose before the national system is updated.
Alternatively, you can find details of all your vaccinations via the NHS app. The app is being updated regularly to meet the needs for proof of your vaccination status and we strongly encourage our patients to download the app as soon as possible.
Patients wanting to find out about the local vaccination programme can visit the Sussex Health and Care Partnership website at www.sussexhealthandcare.uk or by clicking HERE.
This website is updated daily so we ask that patients visit this website for queries and questions relating to the local vaccination programme. If you have a question about the Sussex-wide COVID vaccination programme please take a look at their frequently asked questions page. If you can’t find the answer there, you can contact the Sussex Vaccination Team on:
Telephone the vaccine enquiry phone line: 0800 433 4545 (open 9am – 4pm, Monday to Friday)
Please note that they cannot book a vaccination appointment for you – wait to be contacted.
Key messages for the public:
- The NHS will let you know when it's your turn to have the vaccine. It's important not to contact your GP surgery for a vaccination before then.
- Please act on your invite when it comes, and make sure you attend your appointments.
- You will be invited for a first dose, and later will be booked in for a second dose 12 weeks after receiving the first dose.
- When it's your time to be invited, you will be telehoned by our COVID 19 Vaccination Booking Team. They will never ask you for a payment or your bank details - please do not give any financial information to anyone regarding COVID vaccinations.
- All the while COVID-19 in in our communities it is important to follow the guidelines and remember Hands, Face, Space. It will save lives and help the NHS.
Please do not contact the surgery with regard to the vaccine. You will be invited when appropriate.